• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks for the report. I'm living through your reports till my season which is May 9-13th. I'll be hunting in Zone 19 in the SW corner of St. Croix County. Anyone hunting this area want to chime in and keep me updated?

Thanks and Gobble Gobble!!!

Brian

Good to see some reports coming-in. SB, this is the second photo I've seen your old-man in with a turkey, great to see.

As an open invite, there's already a call to hear more from the WI turkey hunters in the Turkey Forum.

We're always looking for some good information to share, and stories from the hunt are welcomed for those of us that have yet to scratch the itch.

Looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks for posting!

Joel

Thanks for the report klecker!!! I'm so pumped I can hardly stand it!!! I've got my bow zeroed in and my wife, daughter's, and dog are probably hearing turkey and locator sounds in their sleep as I've been doing alot of practicing. Do you hunt Zone 19? This will be my first time hunting turkey in WI. My brother is in Hudson and has a friend who has 40 acres south of Baldwin and he's gonna let me hunt. It sounds like his nieghbor's may let me on too. The only bummer is that I won't be able to do any pre-scouting till the day before my season starts, but my brother plans on doing some looking around before I get down there.

Brian

I did in the past but now hunt zone 38. My dad had a group of 4 toms and 15 hens in his pasture today. So I did a little practice on the birds. This is an area that cant be hunted so its a good spot to practice. I might take a the video camera and shoot them that way for the fun of it.

I switched to zone 38 because my cabin is up there ( sleep in later grin.gif) and with all the public I can hunt all over the place. Its big woods so it is a little differnet hunting as well. Not many fields. In the past in 19 farmers would see me at the end of the day and would give me permission to hunt there farms. Kind of strange not having to ask. This was back when the day ended at noon. It is pretty easy to get permission on farms as long they dont have anyone else hunting at that time. The farmers really dont care for the turkeys that much. I have hunted season e a coouple of times as well. The good thing about it is if the weather goes good you dont have as many hens to worry about. I hunt D every year by choice now. Way less hens. My 2 cents its worth the wait.

There are several public areas in 19 that no one even touches as well.

Klecker

Klecker,

If you don't mind, drop me an email at bmc2680 at yahoo (Contact Us Please) com and we can discuss this a little more? It sounds like the guy who's place I'm hunting, told my brother I could probably get permission to hunt his nieghbor's places as well. I'm curious too about the public land as I got different info. from a WI DNR guy.

Thanks,

Brian

well good to see someone else hunting zone 38 ill be in grantsberg last weekend of the year a friend has 20 acres and me and my cousin are the only ones hunting it goin down in 2 weekens to scout good luck to ya

Any new reports guys and gals? I'm starting to really get antsy up here!!! I'll be heading down to Zone 19 the 8th to scout and hopefully have a bird by Friday so I can make it back for the MN opener. That's not too much to ask for is it? grin.gif

Brian

I hunted last week and we called birds in off the roost on Wed and Thurs. Fairly quiet both days after the birds in the area hit the ground although we did have a few fire up on their own Wed around 10am. I think that 5th season should be good for ya wink.gif

Well I went out for my second season today and got another longbeard! Got him about 7:30, had birds gobbling like crazy on the roost but had hens. This one must have got ditched by that time! Heard two other shots in the area....I'm guessing lots of people took advantage of the leftover tags! Didn't realize it, but WI is #3 in the US on turkey harvest/year! We actually kill more turkeys than those mudducks across the river have! grin.gif