• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COOKING TIPS

Does any body have some good reciepies for fish?Here is one take a 1/2 a cup of shorelunch and 1/2 a cup of italian bread crumbs mix together in 1 gallon ziplock bag(dry) fillets just damp shake in dry mixture. A frying pan with the bottom of pan just covered with olive oil.Heat pan to piping hot add fillets cook 2 to 3 minutes a side and enjoy wink.gif

Holy dump your up early Todd and now I'm hungry after what you just posted. grin.gif The italian bread crumb thing is incredible I remember Tank passing out some of those leftover perch fillets for a snack on the ice and even though they were cold they were delicious.

I'm partial to DC Summertime Walleyes too.

But Zatarins and the deep fryer is my favorite but I hear good things about broiling walleyes too and that would be cool if anyone has any broiling or baking recipes.

My Favorite is plain old Corn flakes!! Crush them up till they are like crumbs, and take the filets and give them an egg wash, roll in the corn flakes and fry them up!! nice and crunchy.

I also like Halibut Weaver, but since i can't catch Halibut here i substitute any white flesh fish! 1 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup parm cheese, 1/4 cup romano, 1/4 cup mozz cheese, dash white peeper, dach worchester sauce, dash hot sauce, some minced onions if you like.... mix it all up. Cook the fish for 10-ish minutes, till almost done.... the take it out of the oven and drain off the juice in the pan. add the cheese mix over the top of the fish and put back in the oven for 10-ish more minutes.... should be good to go! Oven at 350, and should be made with thicker filets, not like small Frankie sized pearch!! HA sorry frank smile.gif

Cant go wrong with flouring them, then dipped in beaten eggs, then in italian bread crumbs. Sometimes dad adds some corn meal to the crumbs. Lately hes been adding a little bit of spicy beer batter mix that I picked up at BassPro last summer to the breadcrumbs...

My summertime walleye dish Timmy aluded to is a little more complicated but still easy.

Get yourself a yellow squash, a zuchinni, a sweet onion, and a red pepper, plus a tomato or two.

Chop all these to however you want. I make stuff bigger but bitesize.

Get all this cooking in a large fry pan in a little bit of oil or butter except the tomato.

When the veggies are almost done add the tomatos and some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heres where you either add some more butter or chicken stock. I like to save the juice left over from won-ton soup(it freezes well). You dont need much just enough juice to cover the bottom of the pan.

Now push all the veggies to the side and put down a layer of walleyes, now cover the fillets with the veggies and cook on a medium heat till the fish flakes apart. 6-8 min.

I like to add some crushed red pepper to mine...

You could easily do this in foil packets on the grill or campfire too...

I've got one a little different: take 1 part yellow mustard and 3 parts sour cream and a healthy dozen shakes of Tobasco sauce (won't make it hot, helps in "browning"). Have your walley thumb size and place in wet; shake and place in favorite dry mix . . . could be Italian bread crumbs, BPS mix, corn flakes or my original cracker crumbs . . . deep fry, remove when floating and browned; salt and pepper to taste . . . enjoy. Even little kids like this . . . hot or cold. Bite size "my perch size" according to Jimbo, but bigger than an extra bluegill . . . crazy.gif

I like to do lots of different things with fish like soups and chowders along with the usual frying, baking and broiling. Walleye chowder is excellent as is my favorite which is tomato, pasta and walleye soup wink.gif If you really want to try some different fish recipes I highly recommend purchasing a copy of the In-Fisherman cookbook they published last fall or just simply go to the In-Fisherman HSOforum and type in recipes in the search field and you'll get several pages of printable recipes to try. One of the best is called "walleye with white wine sauce"!! It works great with the slightly larger eyes from say 20" up to about 25"!

I was talking to a guy at work today he said his grandfather uses instant mash potato flakes on his fillets.He also told me he frys them in bacon grease alone with nothing on them has any one tried these ways?