• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is it too early

IKOLA

Not at all too early. I've been finding them for 2 weeks now. Some on a open water lake. Some on the river. Find the typical areas and you should be able to find something. Good luck

We are still finding crappies deep on Rainy and on 300-some acres lakes alike. A lot of lakes have shallow-water populations that stay shallow throughout the year. I'd say give it a little longer before the majority of them are shallow, but you should be able to find some there now.

Ive been hitting all my local favorite spots and noticing only a few have active Crappies. Strangely fish can be active in a pond and not active in the next nearby neighboring pond. I even checked water temps and type of structure & bottom and found it to be similiar or same but no fish biting?

Another soon as the temps hit mid to upper 50's the bite should really heat up though.