• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Floor for flip-over house designs

MNmikew

I've been thinking about making a folding floor for my Otter Mag Lodge. I've seen some pics here from others who have done this. I was planning on using 2x2s and 3/8 plywood covered with indoor/outdoor carpet. Any tips or hole placement suggestions would be great. Would like to have four holes in it.

I think the idea of creating a floor is good, however hole placement would be something you would have to determine what would work best for you. I know that some times in my lodge, I sit with my feet inside the sled, while other times I sit with my feet on the ice. When fishing two guys in my house, I normally have two holes pretty close to my sled to deadstick, and then have two more out in front far enough where you can jig with any length rod you have. Make sure that you don't position them too close to the front canvas because there is nothing more frustrating than setting a hook and hitting your rid tip on the canvas. Whatever you do remember the more materials you use, the heavier everything gets. Good luck!

CA

CA

My Frabill portable has a cushioned folding seat that is just inside the side of the sled... my feet stand on the ice next to the sled.

I picked up some cheap 8' squares of outdoor carpet at Menards a few years ago, which I use as flooring in my tent and my small aluminum boat. I have two 2' wide by 5' long carpet scraps that I've rolled up and carry with me when ice fishing. I roll out one piece on the ice between my sled and the holes. Depending on where and how many holes I drill, I may lay the second piece down the middle or along one side, or I may not even need the second piece...

When I get ready to pack up, I roll up these carpet scraps immediately, before they freeze into the ice. Haven't had any recovery problems so far... Light weight and easy to walk on without slipping...

i ran to wallmart and got a rubber mat its like 3/4" i fits from the sled and the door on my clam the water for my heater stays in the grooves of the mat some when you leave you leave a cool design on the ice mat was $25 and you can put it between the 2 seat some my pl tank don't came out while pulling it i have looked for 3 years for the perfect mat and the is the closes one its like 2.5'x 4' someting like that

Heres how i set up my holes in my voyager, no making fun of, i spent a lot of time doing this grin.gif

th_fishhouse-1.jpg

It enables the heater to be more in the middle of the house, as well as more room for dump, it works best if you have a couple shorter rods for the middle holes too.

I usually have my feet on the ice. My holes are about where yours are too. I usually put my big buddy heater behind the seats in the sled and use a 'puter fan to move air to the front. I'm using rubber mats right now but they tend to slip around a bit.

Do you want a floor, or do you just want your feet off the ice? I bought a fatigue mat from sams club and cut it small enough for my feet to rest on and the rest of the floor is just ice. It is a lot warmer on the ffet just having that 1" thick piece of rubber between you and the ice, not very expensive either