• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobiling ?

pray for the fish

I have a lake access where I charge people to go through my property to get on the lake. Also plow roads on the ice. why do most, not all but most, snomobiles drive through without paying? It is not a public trail system through my property. Am I missing something here? Is it too much to ask to stop and at least ask for permission, I would probably let them go out for free anyway,but there is public trails for them to use. Just respect for private property seems to be in order. They have even driven off the road across the lawn where it was nice untracked snow. I don't want to be a jerk about it and I would rather not have to put up a sign regarding this. Whats up? Someone enlighten me, please.

I feel for ya. We run into problems like that with our local snowmobile club. There is just a handful of guys that do all the work (putting trails in, contacting landowners for permission, grooming, etc.) and it's always a few bad apples who ruin it for the rest of us. Grant it the past couple years have been bad snow years, but we do run into problems like yours. You may want to ask your local snowmobile club for some signs to put up in your yard. Without local landowner support we wouldn't have any trails here in southern MN. A lot of people don't understand that. Good Luck

Pray for the Fish-

I know where you are located and I'm not quite sure why they do this.

Is it ice fisherman riding snowmobiles pulling houses or is it just snowmobilers?

If its just snowmobilers, I'm going to assume that they think the road access fee is strictly for fisherman & vehicles, and they can take a quick cruise through.