• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I guess I should have...

Thanks Steve. Coming from you I take that as a compliment. I have been admiring your work for quite sometime. Especially envious that you are right smack dab in the middle of it all!!

Curious, have you tried Apple's Aperture yet? I have been using it for about a month now and am interested to hear what you have to say about it.

pick, I use Photoshop CS2. My spouse is a longtime computer graphic artist and a photoshop assassin, so if there's a question I have, she knows it. So I'll stay with that unless Aperature shows such clear advantages that it's worth spending the money and learning a whole new software system. So far, while the reviews have been good, they haven't been good enough to make me switch. I haven't used it yet, myself.

Yeah, it is definitely not a 'one or the other' choice. Photoshop is still the photo editing workhorse... probably always will be. But Aperture fills in where PS lacks. Aperture is a fantastic cataloging program. It has some descent image correcting abilities as well. Hardcore editing still needs to be done in PS. If you have an image that needs to be brought into PS, you just choose 'open with external editor' button and you are there. Photoshop saves the new adjusted version side by side with the original in your Aperture library.

It is an amazing piece of software, especially if you work with RAW images.

Give it a whirl, I think you will be impressed.