• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

03 polaris frontier touring

DEADhead

Anybody have any info or feedback on this sled? I've looked for info on the Liberty fourstroke, but have only come across press releases regarding the BAT certification by the Dept. of Interior. I was curious about longevity, etc. I do see that there was a recall for a bad fuel cell gasket back in 2003.

I put in an offer on a sled that appears really clean, with about 3500 miles on it for a really low price. I'm just wondering if there was something out there that I didn't know about. Or of it really is a steal.... I am aware that it had 48 bhp so it is not a speed demon by any menas; I would be using this sled for hauling my portable. I would think that a 4 stroke would have more torque anyway, than a 2 stroke.

p.s. does anyone know the dry weight? all I could find was for an '05 model which was about 650 lbs.

Deadhead - try snowmobilefanatics, hardcoresledder, or snowest HSOforum forums and ask similar questions. Those guys live for this type of discussion! Another option would be to email a few different polaris dealerships (or even Polaris HDQT) and ask their opinion. Tell them you're looking for a Frontier and ask the pros & cons of the sled. Just an idea.