• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beretta Silver Snipe?

Mr. B

I was given my Grandfather's 1963 Beretta Silver Snipe. Does any one have any information about this type of gun? I know that I can not shoot steel through it, but what about Bismuth or any of the other non-toxic shot out there?

I would like to continue to hunt with this gun. But with the non-toxic regulation for hunting on public land, am I only going to be able to use this gun on preserve hunts?

Any information about this type of gun and the type of shot that I can shoot through it would be great.

Mr. B

Don't take opinions on using this gun for non tox shot. Find out from a knowledgeable gun smith, Or contact Beretta via their web site and shoot em an e-mail. You do not want to chance wrecking your grandfathers gun!!! I agree that these firearms should be kept in use if they are capable of handling today's loads. Goood luck, Brent

Brent,

I have contacted Beretta, their response was no steel, but did not mention any of the other no-tox shot.

When I got their customer satisfaction survey after their response, I filled it out asking about other types of no-tox shot. Hopefully they will reply.