• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoy

If the wife lets you and you dont mind not having any money. smile.gifI do work very little and try to keep it that way.I always say that I work hard enough the first 25 years that I worked and now its time to slow down and have more fun.

what i have heard and read about decoys is that a doe is good for bucks, but it seems to make the does more nervous if it is just standing and staring in one direction, but a buck decoy doesnt seem to bother the does as much. bucks will come face to face with a buck decoys and go to the other end of a doe. i know a guy that only uses the buck decoy until the rut, and then goes to the doe in heat trick. i guess if you use a doe in the early season you get the does to come over quick but the get nervous when it dont move, so if you want a doe use a doe decoy, buck use a buck. and little nub bucks like to play with your buck decoy early in the year, he must of been lonely. gonna pick one up this year and try it for my self this year.

I dont sell them,but I will always use mine.If I am hunting a open meadow or field with a rifle I almost always use it and yes,it does work.Maybe I should sell them.

I should take a few photo's and send them to the guy that says they dont work.I could show them the tine punctures in the decoy body from the bucks that have drilled it.Also the blood around the snow found the next morning after being attacked when I forgot it in the field overnight.