• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Competition increasing for catching crappies at tournaments (pic)

carlcmc

This crappie was caught and being eaten by a northern watersnake. It was photographed at Lake Rathbun close to Centerville, Iowa during a fishing tournament. The snake caught a better crappie than some of the fishermen!

152827363_944a497ff1_o.jpg

i got it off this site and uploaded it to my flickr account.

snake_crappie.jpg

I had a similar experience only 5 yards away from me. I was fishing the backwaters near Wabasha and all of the sudden; I heard a commotion just down the shoreline. It was getting dark, but I could see swirls and a wooshing sound. I stepped over there and sure enough, there sits a snake with a 6” crappie in its mouth. I called for my buddy to come over and we both gave each-other this awkward grin (like holy cripes). I grabbed the camera and came back and the snake bolted out into the water. I took 2 pictures, but this one turned out the best. If you look close, you can see the snake with a shinny thing in its mouth. It was bigger than it looks in the picture, but not as big as the one above.