• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got out last night for the first time on the lake this year and it went pretty good. We didn't get on the water till after 8pm. Within 5 minutes I had the first fish on for the night. We ended up with 6 keepers for only about 1 1/2 of fishing before we quite because of a storm rolling in. Both crawlers and minneows produced fish but minneows were a little better than crawlers but both produced. We found them in about 10.5 fow in. Fun to get out and find some fish again on Sakakawea.

Were you on the east end of the lake?? I'm heading up for the weekend and camping @ Wolf Creek. Just wondering if they are starting to go on that end of the lake. I have gotten some awesome reports that they are hitting from New Town all the way into Van Hook, but have heard nothing about the east end.

We were in Van Hook. I had been hearing the same report but last night we were the only boat at either of the two landings. It was windy all day but the wind died down for about 2 hours so we got out. So the wind might have kept some away not sure.

Thanks for the report, I was kind of hoping to hear some good news about the east end. Van Hook has been nuts and the New Town area has been good as well. Would be heading that way for the weekend if I could stomach the gas bill but Wolf Creek is all the farther I'm gonna go. Thanks again for the report.

Out again last night after work not as good as a couple days ago but then there isn't a bad day on the water. Fished by myself and picked up 3. Lots more people out yesterday with the nice weather.