• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Upstream Gar

Was out last night at a certain park in Mankato. I followed the creek to the culvert it emrges from. WOW! Talk about a population of fish. I sighted white bass, largemouth, BIG sunnies, carp, minnows of all shapes and sizes, dozens of softshell turtles (some a good foot wide!), and my personal favorite, a school of gar. These beasts line up against the current coming out of the drainpipe and just wait for bait fish to come flowing out. They are fearless fish. They didn't care at all that I was standing there. At one point I actually had my hand in the culvert within an inch or two of them. I could have easily grabbed one out of there! So anyways, here are a couple of crappy camera phone pictures. One is taken about two feet from the fish in the culvert.

UnderGrate.jpg

gar51806.jpg