• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Report

If your heading to Devils Lake finding moving water is the key. Areas around the bridges and culverts are still producing some really nice catches and are going to until the water quits moving, and that will be quite a while. Lindy rigs with minnows or leeches have been best on walleyes and the bite has been good all day. Pike are going after pretty much whatever you throw at them. Find some calm water just outside the current and try a smelt under a slip bobber. I had my son out about a week ago and he couldnt keep his line in the water. White bass are moving into the shallows and some are showing up in the channel. Once we get some warm weather things should really start picking up.

Jeff,

Any last minute advice would be much appreciated. I am going up for Memorial Weekend, staying at Spirit Water Inn at Minnewauken. It will only be my 2nd time up, last was 2-years ago. Then the wind kept me from going anywhere outside of West Bay, and I fished by trolling the rip-rap along Hwy's 19 and 281 I believe. Did quite well there. Long-range forecast calls for pretty stiff winds that weekend, so I may be stuck in the bay again. Is the fishing going on the flats at Minnewauken, and/or the rip-rap along the highways. Or any other suggestions you have for that part of the lake. (My boat is an 18-ft. Lund, so unless it really blows, I can get around).

In advance, I appreciate your advice!!!!!