• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

south central area carp fishin

justin32

Byllesby res. is full of carp. Shallow water but poor visibility. Cannon river is good too. West of Faribault the German/Jefferson chain is great. Big carp, buffalo and even longnose gar. The backwaters of the Miss. around Redwing are good also.

I think you can find carp in most lakes. We tried Lake Emily in St Peter and had good luck. The problem was the green water, if they weren't in the top foot, good luck. The minnesota river has a bunch of carp but I don't know of any real good spots for any shooting. I also believe people do some shooting on Lake Elysian.

I was on Byllesby summer before last. The water was low and dirty, it was frustrating because there were carp everywhere but you couldn't see a one. Mostly small too but it was fun. The MSAA is actually holding the state bowfishing tourney at lake Elysian this year. Never been there before but plan on making the trip. It will be June 3rd.