• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Picture of my ladies

chucker34

I'm guessing their both doe fawns too. Does, does, does. That's all we've got. Don't get me wrong. I took two of them by bow this year and it was exciting as heck and they taste great. But I'd like to see some more bucks. They show up for a very limited time during the rut so I'm hoping my new trail cams will help me keep tabs of when that narrow window might be.

I counted 18 deer in my corn food plot Sunday evening, two of them were bucks, one a small 8 and the other a spike, the rest were does and fawns. Of the does and fawns, call it 6 mature does and 10 fawns, and if half of those were buck fawns, that means out of the 18 deer, 7 will be bucks next fall. If any of those 'does' are really bucks that have dropped their horns, that gives you more bucks. I looked them over to see if their were any bigger deer that might have been older bucks that dropped their horns earlier because of rut stresses, but I didn't see any noticably different. Did the big eight and ten points that I caught on camera last Oct survive the hunting season? Probably not but I don't know. All I know is thats why they call it hunting and not shooting, and that why big bucks are hard to get, they're so few in number, everybody wants to shoot them.