• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where can I find a plow for a Polaris Scrambler

rundrave

I have a 2004 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4. I know I can get a plow from the dealership but before I bite the bullet, was wondering if anybody has been able to find one online and possible save some money. I know some of the stuff is universal but I cannot find any specific information on the mounting bracket that I know 100% will fit the Scrambler.

What I would like is a 48"-50" wide blade with a manual lift. I dont want a plow that operates with a winch.

I saw a manual lift setup at sams club for $400+ something but dont remember brand, and havent heard if it was any good or not.

Does anyone know if any of the mounting bracket parts that fit a sportsman or a trailblazer are interchangable with a scrambler?

Any help is appreciated thanks!

I bought mine on HSOList from a place in louisiana. The gave me everything in a kit, with a winch for a 150 more dollars than scam's-club price. This included all of the mounting hardware, brackets, with a high quality american eagle plow. american eagle has a very nice set-up for quickly removing the plow when you don't need it. Also the people were very friendly and eager to assist me in finding the the right product.

Just found the name of the business:Trax motorsports

good luck

abe

Anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong... The Polaris Scrambler does not have a low range right? I think that Polaris recommends plowing snow with a 4 wheeler with low range, From what I remember it is hard on the belt to plow in high range. If the Scrambler does have low range it should be for the most part the same as my 2002 500 H.O. Sportsman. I have a 50 inch blade that plows snow great! I also tried to find a used plow, but ended up buying new after I found the used ones hard to come buy. Good Luck.

no the scrambler does not have a low range, yes I understand the whole belt thing and I know how it works...call me crazy if you want, I know of several people including my dad who has a plow on his 2001 and hasnt had a problem to speak of regarding the belt at all. I know the low would be great, but I think I will be ok.

As for the plow I purchased the one at Sams Club and just finished installing it, was pretty simple, only had to do a little grinding otherwise I am looking forward to this snow we are about to receive the next couple of days.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

***UPDATE*** I just thought I would post a quick update. The plow I purchased from Sams, the brand was SNOW BEAR, its a really nice setup, I personally think its a little more heavy duty than the cycle country.

But I wanted to let everyone know that the SNOW BEAR kit DOES NOT come with skid shoes. So I basically spent $438 dollars at Sams, but didnt get every thing I needed, the skids shoes I have seen range from $20 up to $100. The ones from SNOW BEAR themselves would cost me $80, I found a couple ATV sites that sell them but they would not be a direct bolt on. Wouldnt be very hard to fab up some mounts, so I think thats what I will do.

As for the snow we were supposed to get, 6-10inches completely fizzled out and we got maybe 2" if that, I did plow today but wasnt as fun as I had hoped.

I have a buddy with a 99 scrambler 500 at an ungodly cheap price. Will this work for what I want (pull my ice shack on the ice, bebopping around, perhaps a plow?)

i have been told they are not meant to pull with, but the price is so right, if I could make it work, I sure would like to.

let me know...otherwise, i have found a brand new 04 Honda Foreman Rudicon at a really good price too...never driven, 4 year warranty, 4900 + tax and shipping/setup

How big is your ice shack?The scrambler is a sport quad with no low range so it is not cut out for work.It might get you from spot to spot,but if you tax the belt by doing to much with it,you will burn the belt up!I don't think the scramblers come with racks either?Your better off with the Honda.

I wouldnt consider the scrambler just a sport machine. Its highly capable of being both a sport quad and a utility. Thats the only reason I buy them. There is NO other manufacturer that makes a machine that can do what the scrambler can do. Dont let anyone tell you the scrambler cant do this or do that. I have surprised alot of ppl in hair scrambles etc, or just trail riding. Its done everything I have aksed it to do and then some.

As far as the 99, I would do it only if it is the 500 4stroke, and not the 400 2stroke. Also make sure it was well taken care of, maintanance etc, all grease zerks have been greased, proper fluids changed.

I think someone posted this on here before, but a used scrambler is a used scrambler because of what it is, it probably wasnt used lightly....

Yes you can get racks front and back for the scrambler, as well as hitches, my plow used the back hitch for a universal mount. the manual lift system is made to fit any atv with a hitch, but there are other plows that will fit as well.

Not trying to stear you in any direction I will let you make that decision for yourself.

Good luck

I would think that a scrambler would be able to pull your house and gear just fine.But I will stick with my earlier statement about it not being cut out for much serious work.Rundrave made a good point about the condition of the used unit also being that most scramblers have been used for speedy,or sporty riding,and not to many of them have lead a good life.I also agree with him on the 2 stroke vs 4 stroke in that the 4 stroke will be the better of the two.