• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CRAZY STUFF YOUR DOG HAS DONE!

HARPOON-OR-BUST

I have a 10 month old yellow lab named Josey. I named her after the outlaw Josey Wales. I bought her 1 year exactly after my dad died. My Dad was a big Clint fan, so i thought it only proper to name her after one of Clint's characters. She's lived up to her name completely. I let her have the run of the house while I'm at work. Most days she's great. Nothing chewed up in the house. She went two weeks with doing nothing. Then one day last week I came home to find two huge holes ripped in the carpet. She must have got a little thread started and then just worked on them for hours. Needless to say she kept herself busy that day. She also, somehow, dragged the lay-z-boy about 10 feet into the middle of the livingroom and chewed a hole right in the cushion. Apparently she was mad at me. smile.gif

Last week she was outside playing with an empty 1 gallon ice creme pail. She would toss it in the air then chase it down. She would bark at, and then try to stomp on it, but that would only make it roll away which would cause her to chase it again. Anyway, she tossed it up in the air and it landed on her head. Now she panics and starts running around wipping her head around to try and get it off. Well, as she's running full speed, BLIND, she runs smack dab into a tree. She stumbled a bit, but never yelped. I swear that dog doesn't feel pain. I have never heard her wine or yelp since I bought her at 7 weeks old. She's a machine. I sure did laugh when she hit that tree though:)

This was a little scary as well as funny, but my 7 month old Brittany absolutely shredded a christmass tree bulb. there were these little glass shards about 2 inches long and extremely thin. The weird part was, no piece was bigger than a paper clip, and yet she did this in about 2 minutes while we were home. Man, she was lucky she didnt shred her innards. She also LOVES to chase the dot made by a laser pointer. Now that is is harder to get out and walk, I just stand by the door and run her in the yard and she chases that thing at full speed....whatever is in her way be dam*ed. Sometimes when I feel mischevious, I spin her in circles....that never gets old to either of us.