• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Fishing

Anyone know where the water is still clear and the carp are moving? Had LOTS of luck on Cordova and German the last 3 weeks but Cordova has gotten green after the last rains and German has slowed down. Anything good in the MAnkato area. Any buddy ever been on Emily? Heard there was a lot of carp but not sure on the visability.

Find a lake with thick weeds, like heavy floating mats of Milfoil. Look for the carp heads or tails poking out from under them. I use polarized glasses to maximize my vision. The lake i go on isnt all that cloudy, but yesterday it was very silty and i could still see them on top. So either find another lake or reform your tracking methods. I've shot 26 over the past few days, all averaging about 12-15 lbs. a piece and mostly on or near the surface.

movern:

I was out to lake emily (st peter) last weekend. We had lots of shooting. The lake is tough to see. There are lots of fish on the bottom that you can't see, but enough near the surface to keep a guy interested.

I am speaking of the Lake Emily near St. Peter. I spoke with a guy from that area on Sat. who seemed to beleive that the majority of Carp in that lake were the small 4-8 pound range. If anyone wants to go during the week give me a e-mail as I am off Tues- Thurs. Later