• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Paddletails for walleyes !!

ksdog

Thanks to Crappie Tom I've been regularly catching crappies with the junebug/chart paddletail, but, everyday, I'm incidentally catching walleyes on same. Is the 3" paddletail grub a worthwhile purchase for walleyes ? What do you walleye guys think ?

Culprit does not make a three inch paddletail. There are others who do....Brewer comes to mind first, and I do have several different colors in the waldo tackle and use them frequently when the river (Mississippi) plastic bite gets heated up in the fall. Like and plastic, they too have their utility outside of the arena in which they are sold.

Berkeley makes a 4" paddletail power bait - tough to track down though. They also have a 5" salt water bait. Lunker city makes Salt Shakers in the 4" size. I've used them with good success. There is a local company which makes paddletails. Not a sponsor on this site but well known by anyone who fishes Pool 4 of the Mississippi. YUM G-shads are another choice 4" again. And finally Storm makes some swim baits with paddletails that I know work very well. They come in sizes from 2" on up.