• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappies & Wind Direction

Doonbuggy

Last week I had moderate success on a lake fishing the northwest corner with the wind coming out of the south east. It set up pretty well with the waves rolling in and naturally the warmest water I found was right there at 55 degrees.

Tomorrow, however, I see that the wind will be gusting out of the north. In this case is it still better to fish the 'sheltered' north end where the temps may be higher or would you look at fishing the windy/south side?

DB

You were right about choosing the windy side of the lake 'cause crappies are mostly night hunters and the waves help break up the light. So I would choose the windy side of the lake for crappies. {This also is the way with walleyes, too} Both species will use this as an advantage because the baitfish can't see as well. But, your fish will still be there but, they will probably lay low until nightfall.

---Lives huntin' loves huntin', wish I was huntin'---