• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

YUM wooly beavertail in dark grasshopper

CALVINIST

I just bought some YUM products through the mail; specifically, the 1.5" and 2" wooly beavertail grubs for sunnies and crappies. I have never tried these, but will give it a go once the waters warm up. You know how it goes when you order online...the actual product colors sometimes don't match the picture in the advertisement. I bought one called "dark grasshopper" color, and found it to be like a shimmery, olive green color. Yuck! Not what I expected, but then again, this color might work? I'll ask the pro's. What color water, or under what circumstances might this color work?

Also,

They tout the 2" black/pink as killer on crappies, but this is unavailable online; does anybody know of a store in the TC metro area where they sell this color scheme?

Has anyone tried beavertails on pannies before?

Any luck with 'em?

The beavertails have been around in larger sizes for quite a spell, but the crappie sized baits are just now starting up in the market. I got some in mid-season last year and was less than impressed with them. They tend to be bulkier than what I look for. You never want to trust colors from catalogs. They may have their place in the crappie scheme of things somewhere, I just never got attached to them and they finally made the trip to the land fill.