• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Model of Electric Auger to Buy

duck2

I will be deploying my newly built permanent fishouse this season and am in need of an electric auger. I want to be able to redrill old, frozen holes without suffering through the exhaust fumes in the house. At the Ice Fishing Show I spent some time with both the Jiffy and Strikemaster folks getting their take on their electrics. Can anyone provide me with a testimonial on how well their Jiffy or Strikemaster electric models work on reopening an old, frozen hole. The Jiffy electric comes in two blade styles. Their Stealth model of blade is supposed to be the superior cuting technology. The Jiffy model looks like a sturdier prodcut, but does not have the convenience and mobility that the Strikemaster on-board battery provides. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I dont own one myself but i tried the jiffy lectra with the battery buikt in and fell in love one i get the moeny for sure gunna get one grin.gif didnt redrill holes with one but drilled through 20in. of ice fast,smokless and quiet..also u can drill about 18 holes on 1 full charge of battery and then if u let it sit for about a half hour it kidna recahrges a little by itself and u can go drill a couple more holes on that same battery...highly recomended,jsut my input

Check to see if you can get the Jiffy in an 8" Stealth configuration on the electric model. The Stealth opens old holes better then any model of auger assembly out there today.

I cannot say if they offer it in the electric or not. You may be able to order it direct in that package? If I went electric, again that would be my pick for sure!

We used to make our own electric’s ice augers from Mora hand auger assembles. They cut like mad when sharp, but if they got dull, they were worthless. Same with opening an old hole. The blades on the Mora shaver dulled or shipped because of all the jumping about in the hole. They were down right dangerous to use to open old holes! We burned up many solenoids and starters on those home made units. The new electric’s are far tougher by design and comparison...and lighter.

Hey, I use an electric in my house on Lake of the Woods. The Jiffy piece is nice, because of its torque and in old holes. I put a Stealth assembly on it, and whoa! I see this year they are offering one. Do I get a royalty?