• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jig hooks for jig molds

Mike Walerak

Question

I was just woundering if any of the 90 degree hooks will work in any jig mold that uses 90 degree hooks. I am having problems find the exact hooks #'s for my molds. I would also like to try some red hooks, but I can only find ones that say 90 degrees.

My molds call for eagle claw hooks but I know I can get some better ones from VMC or Gamagatsu.

I am just getting into making my own jigs so any help would be appreciated.

mw

3 answers to this question

Mike, you may run into a few problems in that many hooks do not have a similar diam. I would say, buy a few of the kind you want to use and then try them... You may need to take a dremmel tool and reem out your mold a bit but you will then get exactly what you want!

Mike,

Hand molds can be kind of touchy when it comes to changing hooks. Some have different diameters, as mentioned by Exudedude, and some have longer or shorter necks. Drop me an email and let me know what hooks you are looking for. I have all the conversion charts to match your hook numbers.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I will get the numbers I need and send them to you as soon as I get home.

I also need some tips on paint. I have only used the powder paint because it is fairly easy to use. What brands seem to work the best? Any other tips for the first timer?

mw