• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1997 ext 580 dlx engine swap?

mudslinger64

i have a chance to buy a wrecked 98 zr 600 efi with a newly rebuilt engine and was wondering if this would be an easy swap since the 580 engine needs a new cylinder and piston,i can get the 600 for less than it would cost to fix the 580 what would i have to do,just change the ecu and put the 600 in or what?thanks for any info

this will be to much work unless you can fix the zr 600 chassis. They have different wiring harness the way the engine sits in the chassis. The 97 ext is closed curcuit ingnition and the zr it open curcuit ignition. you would probably need to fab new motor mounts as well. they use different belts. I would opt for just fixing the 580 motor.