• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone planning Thanksgiving weekend ice fishing?

Turkey morning Sir Fish Alot and I will start at the Snake River inlet and depending on our luck maybe stop off at G-Town on our way back home. I think Friday will find us at the upper Black Lake. Will try to keep you posted on our success or failure. <'))<

Slayerfish

I went by eleven mile and dillion last sunday morning. There wasn't even skim ice at either. I think I'll bring the kids sking friday and try Skagway Saturady and maybe drop by eleven mile and look for ice. If anyone finds ice please tell us and I'll do the same. Mikinaak

Fished Pinewood above Carter Lake this morning. The weather was cold but the fishing was hot. We fished from shore, most of the fish were small, but it's a great place to take the kids if you can't find ice.

There are 4 or 5 Black Lakes in Co. but the 2 that I'm thinkng about fishing are just West of the summit of Vail Pass. You exit this side of the summit, I think it says something about Shrine Pass, cross over I-70 and turn right just past some kind of little building. You'll probably see quite a few sleds (Snowmobiles) parked along that service road leading towards Black Lake #1. The last time Sir Fish Alot and I fished it we had to get through about 2 feet of snow, 8" of slush and 1 foot of ice. Tough fishing but we caught alot of real dark colored Rainbows. If the memory serves me well we caught them on Green Twister Tails & Mealworms. Most were 10 to 12 inches but several were right at 15". Hopefully by fishing the lakes early there won't be as much snow and slush. Both lakes had ice on them last Friday but I don't know how thick it was. If anyone fishes them this week please be careful. <'))<

Sir Fish Alot and I fished the Snake River inlet this morning. There's about 250 yards of ice running East to West. The thickness is probably 5" to 2" running the same direction.There had to be 20 to 30 people and kids at the East end and they all seemed to be catching fish. Most people were using Mealworms with various jigs and lures. The weather was very pleasant and I think most fisherman had a good time. Sir Fish Alot and I are going to give Black Lake #1 a try tomorrow. If that doesn't work we'll probably run by Cottonwood and Clinton and check ice conditions. Come on cold. <'))<