• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishin Northwest Metro

OUT_FISHIN

If you're willing to drive a little, Rush lake can be real good for crappies. I have some buddies that do really good out there, but i don't really know any specific spots or anything. I imagine someone else might be able to steer you a little better as far as rush goes, I betcha matt johnson will chime in here at some point. He's somewhat of a metro area guru grin.gif

OUT_FISHIN,

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota!!

Have you tried down near Clearwater Lake/Annandale area? Clearwater Lake, as well as the surrounding lakes, all have pretty good fishing. Some decent size fish too, and for multi-species. There's a series of lakes in the area that should be able to keep a person busy all winter if they wanted to stay close.

Are you looking for any species inparticular?

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I haven't ice fished out on Clearwater yet, but after the kind of summer I had out there this year, you can count on me checking it out a couple times this winter. And as Matt said, there are several lakes within this area all within 5-10 minutes of Clearwater including; Cedar, Pleasant, Twin and Sylvia just to name a few. All these lakes are just off Highway 55 west.

All species. You can truly get into some nice mixed bag catches at all of these lakes.

St. Cloud huh, you better take advantage of the Horseshoe Chain grin.gif I'll be up there a few times throughout the winter. We'll keep in touch...

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Thank you guys, Ill keep those lakes in mind, Clearwater has always been on my list, just a huge lake to try to learn. Crappies and Walleyes are what i am looking for,

Also the Horeshoe chain is awesome, i fished it alomost all of last year, that is probably where you will find me. I love the cats. I was just looking for some closer to home. briggs, julia, birch, ann. mabye some luck.

Thanks again