• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasants around Watertown?

I was south of Watertown by Hayti last weekend. Most birds I have ever seen up there. Also hunted the lake ponisett area. There are more birds showing up everyday.

Lots of the corn was being harveted on Saturday, but not a combine moving on Sunday. The fields that do have corn are big fields yet. If you can find corn to hunt the birds will be there. I would say 75% of the corn is gone.

Not a ton of birds in the immediate watertown area, but the further west a guy travels the larger the numbers become. I have been doing a little hunting in the Henry and Clark area west of town and there are lots of birds over there. The corn fields are getting more scarce around the area also, should bring the birds out even more. Good luck, ill hopefully be blasting some mallards.

Most Guys are deer hunting now. Deer season opened last Saturday through December 5th.

Still some corn in the fields, but with the weather forecast of a chance on Snow Hunting should be good. I would hunt weed patches near standing corn fields or combined corn. With the colder weather the pheasants will need to feed alot more.