• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer Hunting Tips Link

John_Ted_Carrier

Howdy ONCE AGAIN my bloodbrothers of the wild,

I would like to tell you a tip that I recently discovered. If you buy "scent free" bar soap you can make it scented. All you have to do is put it in a ziplock bag with a scent wafer of your choosing. After a while the soap absorbs the scent of the wafer. This is a two way street though, make sure your soap is NOT out where it can pick up other scents, or you have just defeated the purpose of buying that soap!

Good luck bloodbrothers,

-"Ted"

When you kill a doe during the rut, cut off the glands on the inside of her legs by her "knees". These contain good scent glands (don't believe me SMELL THEM) and can be used as scent either during this year or the following ones. If not using it this year freeze it. This can also be done with the bucks too.

Good Luck Bloodbrothers,

-*Ted*

When clearing shooting lanes, don't cut the tree all the way down to the ground, unless it is nessicary. Try to cut them up about nose high, because from a deer's point of view it looks the same as before, and they feel less threatened. Also, when you clear the lanes, take the cut stuff and stash it a few hundred yards from your stand to minimize the difference.

Hunt Wild Always

-*Ted*