• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice????

Jeff,

I saw ice and snow over Laberday Weekend,but as of today, there is no safe ice, in Colorado, that I know of, to fish on. We here in Colorado are Jones-ing over ice too.Its great here in Colorado. I can fish out of my boat one weekend, and the next, go ice fishing in the mountains.

Come on out in late December for some great Lake trout(ice} smile.gif fishing.

Dan

Hey fellas while we're on the ice subject, I am planning my annual b-day trip. The trip is the 26th-29th of Dec. I was hoping to try some new territory for me. Maybe up on the Grand Mesa. Any thoughts?

How bout blue mesa? or w-fork,wolford and steamboat? Granby,Grand lake,willow creek? Dillon,green mountain,w-fork? Just thinking in threes-Your best chance at first ice is 11-mile on the saturday before thanksgiving.or lake john just gotta love that 3 inches.

For 1st ice, I've gone to Dowdy lake in the red feathers area the past 3 years thanksgiving week. Nothing really hugh in size, but we'd catch a heck of alot 10 - 14inch trout in a day. This is perfect for getting and keeping the kids attention. Plus it's close to home. We've also usually catch a few suckers, which we save for our laker or Pike fishing later in the season.

Instead of editing I'll just post again,its free-You CAN ice fish right now,you just have to wear snowshoes. Any lakes around 12000 ft are fishable.I used to try them a few years ago(about12 to 15 yrs ago), but never did very well but i think im a better fisherman now and the results might be different.The square top lakes off of guanella pass are a 2 or 3 hour snowshoe hike and the flattops are usually frozen by november1st.You just really need to want it!

Thanks for the input! You have given me plenty of good ideas. Here's one more trip in three's...In the Durango area, Vallecito, Lemon lake, and Pastorius or one of the lakes west of Durango on Hwy 160? Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

For what it's worth..........There's a little ice on the Snake River inlet- at least another week, maybe more! No ice on Grand Lake or Granby. There's a little ice by the islands on the West side of Shadow Mt. Officers Gulch has a cover of ice, but I don't know how thick. I'm thinking about going ice fishing next week with SirFishaLot and we will try either The Black Lakes on top of Vail, I know they have ice but don't know how thick it is, or if I get my sled running, maybe Jefferson. We have had good luck there before, this early in the season. Other places of enterest would be Georgetown, Clinton, Cottonwood and Clear lake. I will try to keep you updated as the ice season unfolds. <'((<