• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recommended Trip for Jan 7-9?

BigDaddy

I'm interested in taking a fishing trip on January 7-9. I live in the Cities. I've never fished any of the popular lakes up north and this is my chance.

What do you recommend? LOW? Red? Winnie? (not interested in Mille Lacs)

I'll also be looking for a place to stay (off ice). I plan on fishing out of my portable and staying mobile!

Thanks!

That is the time we go up to LOW leave the cities in the late morning and hit Red on the way up about 4-8 then drive 1 hour to Baudette. Fish LOW a couple days and come home. Some times we stop at REd again for some more Crappie action. There are tons of places to stay not on the ice. Hotels in town or a resort, but you might want book now they might be full already.

You should make a trip up to Winnie that weekend. We (Ice Leaders) are hosting an ICE Series event up on Winnie on Saturday, Jan 8. You could join us for the event and we can all go fishing together. We will also be willing to show you some spots and help you out too. Perch, walleyes, pike, eelpout...gonna be a good time smile.gif

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson