• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Resort on Mille Lacs to run perm. out of

Ole1855

I know, I know, someone will probably want to move this to the Mille Lacs forum, it's already there and I haven't received any response. I have a new house I'll be putting on Mille Lacs, I've always had my old house on the NW corner of the lake and I'm thinking about a change. For those of you with perms. on the lake which resort do you run out of and why? I'm just looking for some help making my decision.

Ole

Mack's Twin Bay and McQouids (sp?) aresn't bad. A friend of mine puts his house out down there and he does real well all winter long. The service has been pretty good to him too. I couldn't tell you anything about pricing though.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Finally a reply, thanks Matt. I have a friend at Mac's and he said the service is good the prices are in line but he never seems to catch anything. So which one does your buddy have his house at, MAc's or McQuoid's? I've been calling around up there and most of the resorts are near the same prices for storage, on/off towing and road passes. What I guess I'm looking for is a few reports on service, pressure ridges/bridges and what kind structure they put you on.

Thanks for the reply.

Ole

My friend goes out of Mac's. He moves his house a couple times though. He goes from shallow to deep, and than back shallower again to stay on the fish. He pays a little extra to have the house moved but he goes up there every weekend and has a pretty good pattern down for where the fish are.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I've had my house out of Mac's Twin Bay the past three years and have been very satisfied. Before I decided where to go I drove around the lake and talked to all the resorts. I found Mac's to be the most fishing-oriented, friendly, and helpful of all of them that day. I was not disappointed, either, as they have kept me on fish, helped me when needed, and done everything I've asked. I also move a number of times a year and try to stay away from the crowds. They know that I absolutely despise generators (their noise) so they help me find spots away from all the party reefs that run generators all day and night. It's a good operation.