• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Problems with the Optimax

walleyefanatic

Question

Any recommendations for a fix would be greatly appreciated. Having a problem with my 2000 135 Optimax, what's happening is the motor loses power at the 5000rpm point. It can run all day long at 4800rpm's but when I try to push it past 5000 it's almost as if it's starving itself of fuel. This doesn't happen all the time, only about 50% of the time. The overrev alarm sounds at 5800rpm's so I'm nowhere near top end when this happens. I just got it back from the shop because it was only running on 5 cylinders but it wasn't acting like this. Every time I bring it to the shop it costs me $300 and it was in there twice in September, I don't want to bring it in again.

2 answers to this question

What did the dealer fix? Wonder if something is related. First thing to check is fuel and air pressure. If these are not in spec motor will not run right. May want to look and see if any connections got knocked loose when dealer put hood on.