• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakes report 9-18-04

Well, I obviously cant post on this yet, but plan to have a report as soon as I return from a weekend on the lakes. Should be interesting after the near-foot of rain they got in a matter of 36hrs earlier this week. Hope it wakes something up for me!

goody

Hey Goodyy7,
I was thinking of doing the same thing on Sunday. I might go over to Silver lake just west of Spirit Lake. I've heard the walleyes are hugry for crankbaits over there. I may try Big Spirit in the afternoon for some perch and crappies. Good luck and give a wave if you see an older, red/silver Lund Tyee with 90 merc. and 6 merc. kicker
Abens

I am in an ugly old white and blue fishhawk with a 25hp JOhnson tiller on it...will be me and my dad, most likely trolling. SHout if you see me as well, as I sometimes dont pay much attention to what is going on around me besides my fishing.

goody

I've heard nothing but good things about big Spirit and Silver for walleyes and Spirit also is suppose to be picking up on perch too but I don't have any first hand info on the perch. If you're going after the walleyes this weekend you should do well. GOOD LUCK!!

Welp, it was a "rough" weekend to say the least. Strong winds and a bouncing barometer kept the fish in a fairly unstable mood. Was able to pick up a few good patterns at times and got lots of fish, but not anything very stable. Winds pushed 30mph at times and 4ft waves dug over the bow of the boat at times as well...a "rough" time to be fishing. Managed some decent smallies, a BIG gill and nice perch, and lots of sublegal eyes. All in all, minus the wind, it was a great weekend!

goody

Yeah, I wondered if that was you....I should have come over and said "hi" to ya. Yeah, it was a tough bite and really spotty for sure. The bite was really good until about 9am, then it just died. Oh well, still a lot of fun...and it was bad on SUnday for sure. I probably wont be back up that way until early ice...sure wish it was closer than 4hrs from Des MOines.

goody

Hey Goodyy7,
We ended up going on Saturday(Dad was rained out of the field). We came out of Templar park around 11:30am and I assume it was your Fish Hawk that was going buy about that time. I gave a wave and decided that would have to be good enough as I didn't want to buz your planer boards. I think I might have saw you up on the north end just before dark but I'm not sure.
We picked up two 13" right away and then couldn't hook anything the rest of the day. I'm glad to hear some one picked up a few. I heard the wind was going to be stronger on Sunday so I stayed home. I will probaly go agin in mid-October.