• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Iowa Great Lakes

Is any body having any luck on the lakes? About a week ago we could catch alot of gills and bass around the docks on West. I think they are still catching alot of sublegal eyes on Spirit and East. Is anybody else catching any walleyes on West or on any of the satellite lakes in the area such as Silver, Lost Island, etc... Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

EYEFINDER,

Spirit Lake is on fire right now with sublegal eyes. Really doesn't matter all that much where in the lake...even out in the basin of the lake in about 20' is catching alot of fish. Big Stoney and near Templar are probably the top spots day in and day out. Crawlers and leeches behind a spinner are the ticket. My family and I have been on Spirit numerous times in the last couple of weeks, and even though you can catch 50 walleyes without a keeper, there are also a few good fish being taken. My daughter and brother-in-law each took 24.5 inch (about 5 lbs) eyes late last week. Also, my wife got a 5 lb. northern Friday, and on Saturday I boated an 8 lb. northern. Heard of an 11 lb. eye coming out of the lake last weekend as well. I suppose we average about 1-2 keeper fish each trip out of 40 or so caught. Definetely worth the trip. Good luck!

NWBuck