• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

closing ice seasoning

This has been a super one. Fished alot of new places.Meet some great guys on the ice, and learned alot from most.Meet and fished with one from this forum. it was fun to meet him. Hope to fish with him this summer.I had one of my best years at the MISS. up by Lansing.Caught over 50 bass a new record for me.Lets hear how the rest of you did!! FISH ON ICE JOHN

I also can say I had a banner year. Got to fish some new places, fish with some new people, and pretty much have a good time all year. Me and Ice John got together a couple times, like he said, I hope to do it more often, and this summer to. He's a heck of a good guy, if you get the chance to fish with him do it. I had several days at the river that I caught my limit within a couple hours, but also had tough days where I struggled to catch a dozen fish. I figure I averaged 3 trips per week, since the first week of december until sunday, so I figured I had a pretty good year. But most importantly, thanks to the help of a lot of people, Ive learned a lot of new techniques to help me be a little better fisherman.
Until next season......
Dave

Made several trips to the PDC and Lansing areas this winter and each one was well worth it. Made many new friends, including supserdave. Hoping to meet many more in coming seasons. Check in on me now and then Dave, and I'll try to keep you posted on Mark Twain.
herb
p.s., I hear the lakes in s.e. Ia. are now open.

My ice season was great. It started with flashbacks of last year's limited season and worries of if I would get much ice fishing in. Mother nature helped us out and gave us a great end of season for the most part. I was even able to get my truck on the ice the last week at Big Creek, despite 70* temps only days later. I bought my first power auger and a new 4man ice shack this year, so some hard earned cabelas points went bye bye as well as some other funds....well worth it of course!

As far as the fishing went.....here is a wrap up. My first fish came from Clear Lake and was a 10lb channel cat (caught more cats through the ice this year than ever before!!!). I was able to catch cats, gills, crappie, largemouth bass, eyes, and yellow bass. I saw my first smallmouth caught through the ice (by my dad) and saw my first perch from Big Creek. I caught well over 100 (probably closer to 200) eyes through the ice, but only one keeper!!! I even helped others find some fish (which was just as fun or more fun for me than doing it myself!). I took my girlfriend for her first ever ice fishing experience. I was able to fish I think 9 different lakes in the state this year but neglected my farm ponds (something I will have to fix next year for sure). The only down point would be that it came so late for me here in central iowa and is over so soon. HOpe it was as good for you all as it was for me.....

goody

[This message has been edited by goodyy7 (edited 03-22-2003).]