• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MN BassFisher

Big Bluegills with my Dad

I took my Father out ice fishing recently and he had a blast! The target for the day was large Bluegills here in the Metro with some Crappies mixed in. He doesn't get out ice fishing much so I always enjoy the outings we have together. Father and Son bonding at it's finest!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• It's basically how chicken is cooked for bbq contests.   I started out by trimming excess fat and skin off the chicken thighs. Then I make a brine of water, salt, brown sugar and franks red hot. I like to leave the chicken pieces in the brine for at least 4 hours.    I heat up the grill to 300 and melt 2 sticks of butter in a cake pan. When the grill is preheated and the butter is melted I put the chicken pieces in skin up but some do it skin down. I sprinkle my rub seasoning on the top of the skin and under the skin. Cook in smoker at 300 for about 1 hour.    Take pan out of smoker and take chicken out of butter. Dip each piece in bbq sauce and sprinkle on more rub and put back on grill for about another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked to about 165-170.
    • Be careful, these are legal for stores to sell but very dangerous to use.  They are non-compliant with building codes.  
    • Yup it will hinge up.
    • I'm just going to use a vent free wall mount heater.  Maybe in the future I will put in a nice forced air one but the budget doesn't allow for it right now.
    • dave, can you explain the butter bath process????????? sounds artery clogging to me  but dang tasty.
    • Bet that got the blood pumping. Had to be quite the whollup.  
    • Nice bird. Congrats.  
    • Butter bath chicken thighs on my overpriced pellet grill last night.  
    • Made it out to Chamberlain tonight after work and got a nice 19” and a 20”. Caught a couple others under 15” in just a couple hours of fishing. After a terrible ice season felt really good to wet a line in open water.   Lots of people out  and shore lines were crowded, can’t imagine how bad the weekends are.   gonna hit it hard from the boat tomorrow, so more to come.