• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Picked up a couple handguns

Well I wanted a nice carry gun and didn't want to get one I couldn't get all of my fingers on.  I ended up getting a Smith and Wesson M&P shield in 9mm, it fits my big hand like a glove and shoots really nice.  I thought that the 6.5 pound trigger pull would be hard to get used to but it wasn't bad.  The bad thing was that when I was there they also had a very lightly used (less then 50 rounds through it) Springfield XD Mod.2 Sub-compact in 9mm, so I ended up with both of them.  I will be getting a pinky extension for the flush fit mag on the Shield so I can have room for my pinky, but they can be bought for less than $10.

20160221_164736.jpg

Nice !    I have both of those in .40 cal and a Springfield Xdm in the 3.8 barrel length,also in .40 cal. Love 'em! The Shield fits my paw great, balance is nice, and has a trigger pull and set-back almost as nice as the Xdm. I picked up two of the 7 rd extended mags for the Shield. I suggest if you do, get the S&W mags, not some of the other aftermarkets. Only thing I don't like on the smith is the sear-pin flip for take down...hard to see and catch sometimes. But, heckuva nice gun.Like it far better than my Ruger LC-9 with new updated trigger and setback. Enjoy!! :)

Sorry you not fond of the LC9.  I've looked at a lot of them,  some much nicer and smoother and prettier but I keep coming back to the fact that  the basic LC9 is the best built, most dependable and most reasonably priced of the bunch.  I think of it sorta like a VW Bug.......it just works and never causes me a problem.

Of course there are others that are nice but talk about a cheap dependable tool.

But it ain't as purdy as my 4" 1957 Colt Python or the nifty nickel Colt Detective Special or the...........you know how it is.

Ha Ha Ha!

Hey!!! Wanna see my 1981 S&W 4" .357 combat magnum, rolled and pinned, in pristine graded condition?!  :lol:

The LC9 is just too little for my paw...but I carried it all day today. I love Ruger stuff, You see their "All American" 9mm they just came out with?

Edited by RebelSS