• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Water Leak?

jt24

I have a 2001 75HP Mercury 4 stroke and I replaced the impeller because it was not pumping much water. I ran the motor with the muffs on and I now have good water flow but there is water coming out by the shaft that drives the pump where it goes up towards the engine. Hard to explain but there is a hose coming off this part that feeds the engine. Just doesn't seem right to have water coming out around the shaft while the engine is running. Is there a seal that's needs replacing? I could send someone a picture of the area if that would help. Thanks

The area where the drive shaft goes up to the powerhead is called the drive shaft housing. It's also where the engine exhaust and 95% of the water exit the engine so it's common to see water coming from different places while running it on muffs. But just to make sure, either post a picture or send me a pic showing the place water is coming out.