• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

replacing boat floatation

Meat-Run

Hey folks, my father is replacing all the flooring and water soaked floatation in his older Alumacraft, where can he buy this stuff or does marinas sell this to spray in? I'm sure it's not the same as we use on your houses to fill cracks, but needs to be a closed cell foam if I'm correct. Any help or direction would be great, oh and he's lives up in Walker, if that matters.

Thanks,

MR

Hey folks, my father is replacing all the flooring and water soaked floatation in his older Alumacraft, where can he buy this stuff or does marinas sell this to spray in? I'm sure it's not the same as we use on your houses to fill cracks, but needs to be a closed cell foam if I'm correct. Any help or direction would be great, oh and he's lives up in Walker, if that matters.

Thanks,

MR

Closed cellfoam is worthless.I have opened up Lund boats with it as the flotation never have I seen one that isnt saturated!! The foam does get a skin on it but and slightest ding lets it fill with water,Then it retains it.Dense Styofoam blocks are expensive but they do work much better than and spray foam out there.This is one of the old way is yet so much better than the new.