• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone have English Pointers on here?

Cobra

Seems it's all labs

Why mess with perfection? laugh Ha!!!

Just messin with ya. My old boss used to run a really nice Eng Pointer. fun dog to be around, especially early season. She did have problems with late season roosters. They'd out do her with all that running. She was starting to have a lot of creeping issues and breaking point so he quit the late season stuff. He did more game farm birds from Dec. on.

That's all I have with English Pointers...

Good Luck!

Ken

There are some breeders of pointers in the region. Jerry Kolter breeds some. There used to be one guy on the board with a pointer. My next dog may be a pointer. I want one out of "white dog" lines. If you want one your best bet may be to check the NSTRA organization and to check breeders of coverdog setters - a coverdog is not an AKC show dog, it's a real dog, a FDSB setter bred for grouse trials - and see if they have any connections to pointer breeders.

I have two right now... An eight year old and a grandson of Guard Rail (Hall of Fame) who died more than 25 years ago. I've had many pointers and upland birds truly hate them. They say they don't retrieve - talk. They say they don't like like water - I live on a lake and they are in the water all the time. They say they can't handle pheasants - Again talk, there are a lot of birds too many to count in both Minnesota and South Dakota that thought that and aren't around any more.

I like my white dogs! Well white and black.... I got tired of shorthair cross breeders talking about my shorthair????