• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jiffy 30

Wolffy

I have an older jiffy 30 auger and the last time I had it out I had problems drilling. Its running good but it doesn't want to cut right. It'll start out good, slice right through 6 in. Or so then its like the blade falls off. It won't cut until you pull it out and clean off the ice on the center point and blade. Is this because its not sharp enough or what? Any info would great. Thanks.

thank you but i really dont think its the carb. the auger really spins, it cuts good then its like the ice is building up on it so it cant cut. she does run a little faster when its not cutting, but i would assume thats because the blade isnt pulling any power. the whole time the bit is spinning.

Take a can of WD-40, spray the blade, centering point. and the first foot of the flighting. problem solved!

I had the same issue, the can says "prevents moisture" or something, works good. Prevents the ice from sticking, especially if the auger is stored outside in freezing temps, keep a small bottle with your ice gear.

havent had a chance to try it yet but i sprayed it all down with wd40 and then decided to sharpen blade it felt good and no gouges. i dont think i hit anything with it. and it would work fine as long as you could keep the ice off the center point. it would just build up on that and then it will not cut till you clean it off.