• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TUC Precision Noodle as a deadstick?

YetiDude

I don't intend to pick one up specifically for the purpose, but have one already. I don't currently have another viable deadstick rod, so I figured the noodle would work better than something with too quick a tip. The rod's definitely got some backbone, it's the super soft tip I was concerned about. If I'm deadsticking a minnow with a 1/8oz jighead, am I overloading it to the point of damaging the rod?

Also, what's the most popular or best way of stowing the rod while the line is in the water? A wire rod holder with the triangular base that sits upright on the ice is what I was thinking...

I use the gander advantage rods. work great for 15 bucks. light or medium light do the job fine. rod lays on the floor with the bail oped if I am watching it as I jig. Otherwise bucket or something I dream up. :>)

I don't intend to pick one up specifically for the purpose, but have one already. I don't currently have another viable deadstick rod, so I figured the noodle would work better than something with too quick a tip. The rod's definitely got some backbone, it's the super soft tip I was concerned about. If I'm deadsticking a minnow with a 1/8oz jighead, am I overloading it to the point of damaging the rod?

Also, what's the most popular or best way of stowing the rod while the line is in the water? A wire rod holder with the triangular base that sits upright on the ice is what I was thinking...

I doubt you'd damage the rod, just tie on the jig you plan on using

and if it pulls the tip down so far it takes away too much action,

switch to a lighter jig. I use Demon spoons or Lindy Frostee spoons

on my Al Dente and they work fine. I've been using a Rod Rocker II to

set my deadstick in, sounds similar to what you're speaking of.

I have rod holders in my otter that were made for my otter. They fold in and out and can be manipulated to whatever angle I need. I agree that your rod should work. If the jig seems to heavy try a lighter one. This is a newer model as mine are yellow, but they are the same.

full-39899-28493-rodholder.jpg