• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree Decay?

Fishin Beast

I have a tree overhanging my driveway. On the lower branches there is a white salt like substance that falls and sticks to the side of my truck. I can brush off the 'salt' but a sticky residue stays. The tree is younger, but have no clue what kind it is. Where the salt like substance is, the leaves are decaying. Anyone know what I am dealing with? I am getting worried it is going to ruin my trucks paint... Thanks

Sorry, the overnight question crew was off last night.

Without a picture or a better description its hard to say what it could be.

That being said, it will not likely ruin your paint, but getting any kind of sap or droppings etc off is always more difficult the longer it sits.

It could be from insects. They could be eating the leaves and the excrement is falling on your truck.

It is on the very ends of the branches. In the last bunch of leaves it is a straight salt substance, looking like a few snowballs are on the end of each branch. I grabbed the limbs to check them out more and hundreds of the salt pellets fell on the ground. I am really not good with pictures but I can try. I am in a townhouse complex, if it was my tree I would just cut it down...