• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tracker boats

BIGRED07

i seem to find quite a few reports of leaking rivets/welds on these, but then just as many say they are great. could be because no one right about their boat when it works well? also i think tracker sells a very large amount of boats so just like anything else if you got the one made monday morning, or friday afternoon who knows!!! lol

I know that Tracker sells alot of boats and I had the Pro Team 17. What a piece of junk. It was alright for skinny water but get any type of chop on the water you are coming off the front deck. The Trailstar trailer had the spindle lube system. Got tired of hubs coming loose so I just dropped the whole axle and replaced it brought the boat home and sold it. I am going back to a Lund.

just read about 60 complaints on trackers with the vast majority being hull issues. needless to say i am sure that there are a pile of good ones out there, but i dont think i am going to take the chance. going to keep looking for a different brand

I wouldn't go so far to say ALL tracker boats are junk. I feel like many tracker owners are first time "new" boat owners. Some do end up in worse condition than others. For one, the whole side of the older ones are a big decal sticker. Dock rash is can become an ugly sore pretty quick. And if used often the carpet turns into what feels like a cardboard mat.. The steering on non-targa/tundra models is a pile of... Its not even no feed-back. lots of torque steer.. I know the layout also may have uneven foam or load distribution, translates to a small "list" or leaning effect when not giving it full throttle. Seen a friends split on leech lake (repairable) but again the structural integrity of them is nowhere near the popular but more expensive minnesota brands.

Rivets/Welds.. Doesn't make a difference. Seriously if its designed well and manufactured and tested above minimum standards it will hold up. Crestliners are known to be very sturdy boats, the welding technology is more sophisticated. Lund and Alumacraft are very well build also, along with a bunch of other brands.

So, to sum up all the info I threw at you.. Not all owners experience hull issues. Those owners also aren't on big water often and check the weather before they go out. But the decals, steering, weight distribution, and even the carpet can be annoying enough. Not all tracker boats are junk.. If you baby it it will last. if you run it hard and fish often on decent sized lakes and put a lot of hours on it, i would probably think about other brands just to be extremely sure those 60 negative reviews you have read don't turn into 61.

Good Luck