• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lookin at a 2009 250 pro xs

Stratosman

Title says it all. But was wondering what kind of life one can expect between re-builds in this head. It has 400 hours, not a tournement boat but ran alot... Is there any concerns with this motor. Any techs run into issues with this setup?

THanks!!!

There was a coil pack issue withthis motor but it should have been taken care of with a recall. The motor should go for anther 600 hours or so if properly taken care off. Take it to a dealer and get a RPM readout. If its got 400 hours and the it's all under 1000 hours I'd feel alot different than if they where all over 5000 RPM.

I wouldn't have worry buying that motor. They had a few bad batches of coils in '08, but I think it was taken care of by '09. I know guys with over 2K hours on their Optis, and they're still as strong as the day they got them.

Like Mnguy said, have it hooked up to the computer and checked for over-revs, ect.