• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just a thought....

K_Josh87

Just a thought that passed through my mind today, we had a very large slough fire nearby today, and i have not heard yet how it started... however, I know it is entirely possible to accidentally light a fire with an ATV or any vehicle for that matter... So, just keep it in the back of your minds as we venture out with these dry conditions... it doesn't take but a spark, or a machine thats not kept clean with built up grass and what not. Please note, not pointing any fingers or suggesting this was the reason, just something that really popped into my mind... in the fall when its dry and or windy most guys won't take a gasser pickup or grain truck out into a corn field... and we always carry extinguishers in case we hit a rock or something that causes a spark and starts a fire.... and with it so dry... grasslands and sloughs are no different in there "prime" fire starting ability...

Have fun out there and be safe!

While on the road today listening to the local news, they mentioned burning bans due to the dry weather we've had. Hopefully this rain pans out next weekend to get some moisture in the ground.

would be very beneficial, I haven't been by it yet today to see, but i think it got the whole slough plus some, with would be almost a full section worth or ground burnt up... actually probably be good for it in the long run...