• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 nitro 700 lx DC

Gekhang

Found a really nice deal for this boat and was wondering on what to look for. i asked if the motor has ever been serviced and the owner has said not once since he got it 9-10 years ago(besides winterizing. should i be worried? its a 115hp tracker by merc motor.

Older nitro boats such as the one you mentioned did not used quality kevlar, fiberglass reinforce materials such other well known A-Z mfg. The issues were stress cracks at the keel and transom. Always heard complaints and horrible reviews and doubted them until I saw a few in person and a relative owned one - huge crack at the transom. Boat still goes but gotta keep her under 20mph and a lite load, if not the faster you go, the wider the crack gets.....I think any day now, that boat will sink and the motor will sink to the bottom of a lake or river. That is why their prices are so cheap. You get what you pay for.

I will say, their newer boats have improved and so have their prices.