• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which would you buy?

fish_eat_sleep

All good points on here,all will do the job, but how far down the road are you thinking? If you want the quietist and most fuel effecient motor you need a Suzuki,if you want a boat that will hold its value of the purchase price and a quick sale when it comes time to sell, you want to buy a lund.

yamahas are really quiet to. my 40HP is so quiet that I forgot to turn it off after I had the boat on the trailer(still in the water) then pulled out with it running(chased off the lake by storm and had to do a fast load because I didn't want to get hit by lightning). didn't do no damage because there was still enough water internally and it was only running out of the water at most 30 seconds. Suzukis are a good option in larger motors (over 100HP). I have seen them on larger alumacraft and they look good together.

Nice boat! Very similar to the one I was looking at. I have heard too, that yamaha generally speaking as better resale than a mercury and lund has better resale yet costs more to begin with than alumacraft. What is your top end speed with the 160cs and can you load it down fairy well and still plane with the 40hp?

For big water I would for sure watch the weather before heading out too far in such a small boat.

thanks for all the info!

Nice boat! Very similar to the one I was looking at. I have heard too, that yamaha generally speaking as better resale than a mercury and lund has better resale yet costs more to begin with than alumacraft. What is your top end speed with the 160cs and can you load it down fairy well and still plane with the 40hp?

For big water I would for sure watch the weather before heading out too far in such a small boat.

thanks for all the info!

top speed is right around 25 to 27MPH. I had it in the minnesota river late last summer and it was me and another 200 LBs guy and we were going against the current and was still getting 23 to 25 MPH. it can handle a far amount of weight and still plane out pretty fast. that day we had a big cooler full of ice, a small grill, 2 chairs, and all our fishing gear. the bow was packed and we could still get on plane fast. over all the Alumacraft fisherman is a great boat for 1 or 2 people. it will hold 3 but it gets tight on space. I love mine but if I were to upgrade I would most likely go to a Alumacraft Classic(side consloe) with a 70HP Yamaha on it.