• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2011 Cretliner 1650 WT FishHawk

Trout26

I am looking at buying a new non current crestliner. It comes with a 75 hp mercury 4 stroke but the sales man said i can put a 75 hp optimax on it for no charge or upgrade to 90. I dont know much about mercuryare the new two strokes supose to be as good as the 4 strokes. And would a 75 hp have enough power to pull my kids skiing they are young now but thinking more into the future. Any info on this boat and motors would be appreciated.

What are looking to do with the boat. How much time will be spent doing them. For fishing and trolling a 4 stroke is hard to beat. The resale value down the road will be higher with a 4 stroke.

If they will upgrade to a 90hp 4 stoke I would go that route. The dollar difference should be minimal. I don't ski so I can't address that part. I have had a mercury 4 stroke for 10 years and they have been flawless.

I owned a 1650 for years and love the boat.

Mike

The dealer is making $500 by swapping to a 75 opti from a 75 4stroke. Going to a 90 opti for the same price is a fair deal. Getting a 90 4stroke for the same price would be a great deal. I spent a lot of time talking motors with Gary Parsons and Jim Carroll at the boat show last weekend. Was informed that the opti will have better low-end torque, better fuel economy, and higher top end. The 4stroke will be much more user friendly. If skiing is a big deal, the opti might be the better choice because of the torque.

I was looking on crestliners HSOforum today and saw that that boat is on sale now. So I called a different dealer and i can get a brand new one with a 90 4 stroke for less money then they would sell me a hold over for. So im think im going to go that route. Does anyone have the bench conversion in the back just wondering if its worth the extra money.

I called Ray's Marine in Moorhead for the price on the new one. I'm going to the boat show in Fargo on Saturday and they are going to be there so I will know more after that but any dealer should give you pretty much the same price on a new one.

Me and the wife went to the boat show in fargo saturday. And she ended up ordering a new one we ended up with the 1650 fishhawk with the double bubble and got the 90 horse mecury 4 stroke. Can't wait till the ice melts now.