• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

P&S camera advice

Okay guys,

I know little to nothing about cameras, so I'm hoping someone here can provide a little insight into a few camera's that I have been looking at. I didn't want to pick one up so soon, but dropped my camera into the stream this afternoon taking a picture of a trout, and well... I'm fairly certain it won't come back to life. So, here are my requirements:

1. Waterproof, and preferably freezeproof

2. Something that can take relatively high quality pictures in both regular, and macro mode.

3. Something somewhat small

4. Under $350 preferably

The cameras I'm looking at, but am not completely limited to are:

Olympus TG-610 - I don't really see the need to go with the newer, more expensive TG-810 here, as I couldn't see any added features that would be very beneficial to me.

Panasonic Lumix TS3

Nikon Coolpix AW100

Anyone have any experience with these? What are some pros and cons that you have noticed with these models?

Any other models that I should look at?

Nikon, olympus and Panasonic all make waterproof p & s cameras. Boughtvmyvsecond Olympus this summer about 1 week before Nikon announced its new water proof camera or I would have purchased the Nikon. I'm sure all would be great, we used a relatively low res shot from this olympus on our Christmas card this year. Good luck.